Tres Leches cake is a Latin American cake which is extremely moist topped with whip cream or in South America, it’s topped with a Italian meringue. The moistness comes from the three milks, which are condensed milk, evaporated milk and heavy cream. Many variations come from this cake, but I’ve tried to keep it as traditional as possible. I love to honor traditions and like sharing them.
Traditional Homemade Tres Leches Cake From Scratch Recipe.
6 eggs separated
3/4 of cup of granulated sugar
1 cup of flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
Tres leches 1 can of condensed milk, 1 can of evaporated milk and 1 cup of heavy cream.
Homemade whip cream recipe
2 cups of heavy cream ( double cream, crema chantilly or crema fresca)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder in medium mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Pour the egg whites into the bowl of your mixer and beat high speed for 4 to 5 minutes, or until they hold stiff peaks. Slowly pour in the sugar and continue beating until the sugar is dissolved .
4. Add the egg yolks to the egg white mixture and continue mixing until well incorporated.
5. Fold in the flour or gently mix in the egg mixture until a batter is form.
6. Bake at for 20 to 25 minutes until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.